Saturday, May 3, 2008

Security Alert! More Idekers moving to Atlanta


15 years ago, I moved to the Atlanta area in a well reasoned, but determined attempt to distance me and my immediate family from the corrupting influence of the Ideker clan.  Slowly, but surely (much as the onset of global warming or any other man made plague), my plan has been compromised by more and more of these degenerates invading our fair city.  

The infestation is now complete, with the news that my brother, Ric, has accepted a position with the Alpharetta police department.  Ric, who will be in charge of compliance with doughnut purchase regulations, started on May 1.  Here is a video of Ric making an arrest on his birthday a few years ago.  His family will be joining him piecemeal over the next year.  All, except my niece Brittany, who now realizes that she can turn her life around without these harmful influences.

I, on the other hand, am looking to move.  I am thinking of a place that will afford opportunity, safe harbor and good golf.  Mexico, maybe?

4 comments:

Josh Puckett said...

Is that really your brother making that arrest?!!! Someone sent me that video probably a year or so ago. I cracked up laughing then too.

Nicole Puckett said...

Good news about Rick!! And great news about this blog... I love it! It IS a great way to keep up!

Chris Ideker, CPA, Managing Director, Alvarez and Marsal said...

No, it is not really my brother. It is his birthday though!

Anonymous said...

I am not sure which of the Ideker clan preceded the onslaught. If I remember correctly, Sarah came in 1991 which would make her first.